If you’ve been thinking about how your habits impact the environment, you’ve likely become aware of what you consume and how you consume it.
Using the Three R’s
First, Reduce! Then Reuse. Lastly, Recycle. These small changes can be a big step toward a zero-waste home.
The 15 Tips:
Here are just a few possible ways to reduce, reuse and recycle your way to Zero!
- Switch to cloth napkins
- Try reusable wipes instead of paper towels
- Bring reusable mesh bags to the grocery for produce
- Buy your items in bulk or buy products in the least packaging
- Go paperless on bills and bank statements
- Replace synthetic sponges with cellulose or compostable scrubs and brushes
- Instead of cotton rounds, use reusable rounds.
- Use a loofah or a bamboo bath brush instead of plastic ones.
- Unplug your electronics when they are not in use
- Swap out your plastic toothbrush for a bamboo toothbrush.
- Shop for groceries at a local farmer’s market.
- Buy eco-friendly alternatives to “Ziploc” bags.
- Use kitchen utensils made of bamboo or wood instead of plastic.
- Donate unwanted clothing to charities
- Swap tissues out for handkerchiefs.
Author: Anny Oh