This short list can go a long way towards avoiding toxins in our food, water and food preparation.
- Read food labels!
Words like natural, real, and whole-grain have little-to-no real meaning. They are simply marketing buzzwords.
Certified Organic, on the other hand, DOES have meaning and requires verification to meet organic standards.
- Avoid heating plastics in the microwave.
- Choose BPA free cans for canned goods. Better yet, choose glass.
- Limit or eliminate plastic containers.
- Avoid non-stick and/or aluminum pans. Choose stainless steel or cast iron.
- Filter your drinking water.
- Avoid synthetic food dyes and most preservatives.
- Buy organic vegetables when possible.
…and remember to support efforts to change laws that allow harmful chemicals into our food and water!